Taken a break from the game and wondering what has changed while you were away or curious as to when changes were introduced? Check a summarised timeline of key changes for updates below.
Jump to the section for when you last played:
When did you last play?
What was the maximum Town Hall level when you last played?
Town Hall 8
Town Hall 9
Town Hall 10
Town Hall 11
Town Hall 12
Town Hall 13
Town Hall 14
Town Hall 15
The list below is in reverse chronological order (newest at the top):
- Graveyard Spell
- Number of summoned Skeletons reduced
- Level 2: 25 -> 24
- Level 3: 29 -> 27
- Level 4: 32 -> 29
- Single Skeletons will no longer trigger Capital Traps. Two or more Skeletons are required to trigger Capital Traps.
- Frost Spell
- Housing Space reduced to 3
- Lightning Spell
- Damage increased by 25 for all levels
- Level 1: 250 -> 275
- Level 2: 300 -> 325
- Level 3: 350 -> 375
- Level 4: 400 -> 425
- Level 5: 450 -> 475
- HP reduced
- Level 3: 1700 -> 1650
- Level 4: 2000 -> 1850
- Level 5: 2300 -> 2050
- Spear Thrower
- HP reduced
- Level 2: 1400 -> 1350
- Level 3: 1600 -> 1500
- Level 4: 1800 -> 1650
- Level 5: 2000 -> 1800
- DPS reduced
- Level 2: 110 -> 105
- Level 3: 130 -> 120
- Level 4: 150 -> 135
- Level 5: 170 -> 150
- Air Defense
- Bomb Tower
- DPS reduced
- Level 2: 80 -> 75
- Level 3: 95 -> 85
- Level 4: 110 -> 95
- Level 5: 125 -> 105
- Multi Mortar
- DPS reduced
- Level 2: 95 -> 90
- Level 3: 110 -> 100
- Level 4: 125 -> 110
- Level 5: 140 -> 120
- Rapid Rockets
- DPS reduced
- Level 2: 379 -> 372
- Level 3: 429 -> 417
- Level 4: 480 -> 461
- Level 5: 530 -> 505
- Rocket Artillery
- DPS reduced
- Level 2: 165 -> 160
- Level 3: 190 -> 180
- Level 4: 215 -> 200
- Level 5: 240 -> 220
- Inferno Tower
- DPS reduced
- Level 4: 310-2900 -> 290-2900
- Level 5: 350-3200 -> 320-3200
- Blast Bow
- DPS reduced
- Level 2: 190 -> 185
- Level 3: 210 -> 200
- Level 4: 230 -> 215
- Level 5: 250 -> 230
- Super Dragons
- Defending Super Dragons will attack new targets 1 second slower
- Sneaky Archer
- DPS reduced
- Level 4: 72 -> 71
- Level 5: 76 -> 74
- Super Barbarian
- HP increased
- Level 4: 1100 -> 1120
- Level 5: 1200 -> 1240
- Super Giant
- HP increased
- Level 4: 3900 -> 4000
- Level 5: 4200 -> 4400
- Power P.E.K.K.A
- HP increased
- Level 3: 8400 -> 8500
- Level 4: 9200 -> 9400
- Level 5: 10,000 -> 10,300
- Super Dragon
- HP increased
- Level 2: 6100 -> 6300
- Level 3: 6400 -> 6800
- Level 4: 6700 -> 7200
- Level 5: 7000 -> 7600
- Remove randomness from Super Dragon attack position selection.
- Inferno Dragon
- Range increased by 0.25 tiles
- Siege Carts
- Attacks new target 0.2 seconds quicker
- Mountain Golem
- Damage radius increased from 0.75 tiles to 0.9 tiles
- Movement speed increased from 0.6 tiles to 0.8 tiles per second
- Grand Warden is now less likely to follow Riders of Super Hog Riders.
- New Dark Troop: Apprentice Warden
- New Super Troop: Super Hog Rider
- New Defense Levels: Eagle Artillery level 9, Hidden Tesla level 14, Scattershot level 4 & Builder's Hut level 5
- New Trap Levels: Seeking Air Mine level 5 & Giant Bomb level 9
- New Troop Levels: Goblin level 9, P.E.K.K.A level 10, Valkyrie level 10, Healer level 8, Dragon level 10, Hog Rider level 12, Bowler level 7, Baby Dragon level 9, Yeti level 5 & Ice Golem level 7
- New Spell Levels: Clone level 8 & Skeleton level 8
- New Siege Machine Levels: Wall Wrecker level 5 & Stone Slammer level 5
- New Hero Levels: Barbarian King level 86 - 90, Archer Queen level 86 - 90, Grand Warden level 61 - 65 & Royal Champion level 36 - 40
- New Pet Levels: L.A.S.S.I level 11 - 15 & Mighty Yak level 11 - 15
- An additional 125 walls can be upgraded to level 16, bringing the total to 325.
- Cost and time reductions for TH12 and TH13 of up to 25% with an average of ~14% for affected levels
New Magic Items
- Pet Potion - Boosts Pet research by 24x for 1 hour
- Battle Star Jar - Immediately makes a new Builder Star Bonus available
- New League Hero Skins and Scenery that can be purchased with League Medals (2000 each and 2400 respectively)
- Super Troop Boost Cancelation: Super Troop boosts can now be cancelled, enabling a different Super Troop to be boosted.
- Level 9 Miner HP: 1200 -> 1250
- Level 9 Super Miner HP: 3200 -> 3500
- Removed randomness from attack position selection of Mountain Golem and Flying Fortress in Clan Capital.
- Eagle Artillery will be less likely to target Healers.
- Grand Warden will be less likely to follow Barbarians & Archers.
- Troops will deploy from Siege Machines faster than before if there are many Troops embarked in the Siege Machine.
- Reload time for Rage Spell Tower is increased by +20s
- Rage Tower damage buff is reduced from 100% to 90%
- Reload time for other Spell Towers (Poison & Invisibility) is increased by +10s
- A confirmation popup will appear before a Clan Capital Raid attack if your Capital Gold storage is more than 90% full.
- During Builder Base attacks, your custom deployment bar size option is limited to prevent buttons from appearing too small to tap.
- Trophy calculation formula for BH6-10 players improved.
- Remove “full” indicators from Builder Base Army Camps.
- League Shop now accessible from Builder Base.
- Personal Breaks disabled. You can log in and the game will not kick you out even when your personal break would normally kick in.
- The amount of bonus Capital Gold for remaining Troops after clearing a District has been multiplied by 3.
- Clan Games should always have a minimum of 4 claimable Builder Base and 4 claimable Home Village tasks.
- Fixed an issue where the available Capital Raid attacks was not displaying.
- Cannon Cart icon fixed in the Season Challenge and Clan Games task UI.
- Fixed issue that could cause Strongman’s Pony and fireworks to disappear.
- Fixed bug that would occasionally prevent selection of units during a 2nd stage attack in Builder Base battles.
- Push Traps can no longer push units out of the map in cases where the target location is completely surrounded by thick Walls.
- Removed Boxer Block delay after it deactivates.
- Major overhaul of the Builder Base mechanics
- Starting at Builder Hall 6, the Builder Base is split across two stages
- Reduction of the map size due to there being multiple stages
- Rebalancing of defenses due to the map size reduction
- Rebalancing of troops to reduce number per camp and make each troop “more heroic”
- Troops unlocked at BH3+ unlocked partially researched
- New hero available at Builder Hall 8, the Battle Copter
- New buildings added from Builder Hall 6: O.T.T.O’s Outpost, Healing Hut, Reinforcement Camp
- New Builder Hall level 10 adding X-Bow defense and Electrofire Wizard
- X-Bow has two attack modes which enables it to target either ground troops or air troops
- Electrofire Wizard has two attack modes, a single target attack that increases in damage over time and an electro attack that chains to multiple targets.
- Giant Cannon range increased from 9.0 to 9.5 tiles.
- Builder Base Trap triggering logic has been improved. Minimum spring weight to trigger Mines and Mega Mines has been increased to 2 and 3 respectively. This means they won’t be triggered by a single Skeleton in close proximity.
- Bomber’s AI has been improved to avoid targeting Wall segments that don’t have 2 adjacent Wall pieces.
- Single Army Camp Troops like Boxer Giant use precise targeting logic to select their next target.
- Chief’s Journey is now available in Builder Base.
- Push Traps can now push jumping units (Hog Riders).
- Guard Post is now considered a non-Defense for purposes of targeting.
- Many Builder Base Defense ranges have been reduced to accommodate the smaller map size.
- Gem costs for skipping timers in Builder Base have been changed to match those in Home Village.
- Builder Base Friendly Challenges have been changed to no longer require dueling.
- Minor tweaks to graphics of low level Cannons, Mortars and Wizard Towers
Fixes and improvements
- Allow stashing of shovelled obstacles also outside the layout editor.
- Added spacing between every three numbers in some buttons which display large resource costs.
- Fix bugs from self and area highlight of Spell Towers and Builder’s Huts when moving them.
- Hide … button for Super Troop info screens if they don’t have secondary units when viewing it from edit friendly army screen.
- Fix bug which would prevent clearing of training queue when done from the war map.
- Fix crash when getting a new unplaced building while having other unplaced buildings.
- Fix incorrect calculation of remaining possible wall upgrades for wall upgrade tasks.
- Fix reverse order of the numbers in the list of raid attacks in raid results screen.
- Fix crash when trying to view contents of empty CC in challenge levels.
- Fix defensive Healers healing buildings.
- Fix ranged ground troops sometimes getting stuck when trying to target defensive Lava Pups which have flown outside the game area.
- Allow usage of Research Potions while Laboratory is upgrading (both via the magic item button and magic item storage).
- Display duration of remaining research boost also when Laboratory is upgrading.
- Fix a rare bug where players who used the long-removed “Sell building” feature to sell their Barracks, could end up stuck in the reengagement battle with no possible troops and no way to win. Now they will receive Barbarian reinforcements.
- Builder Base Air Bombs will no longer follow targets indefinitely, they will explode if they haven’t reached target in 10 seconds.
- Adjust Healer AI to more consistently target damaged units when both damaged and undamaged units are near each other.
- Make Grand Warden recalculate his group when redeploying recalled Grand Warden.
- Prevent Battle Rams from getting stuck if they happened to target a wall piece which didn’t have any free space around it.
- Increase “warden weight” of Electro Titans so that Grand Warden is more likely to follow them.
- Fix Hidden Teslas sometimes not being triggered by heroes which were using the Phoenix pet.
- Increase Recall Spell capacity by 11 for all levels.
- Increase Long Shot ability rocket count for offensive Super Minions from 5 to 6.
- Fix bug where ground Clan Castle would be triggered by Phoenix egg when following Air Warden.
- Decrease Skeleton count of Graveyard Spell from 23/27/31/35 to 21/25/29/32.
- New Super Troop: Super Miner
- 15 new single player campaign levels, geared towards TH13-15 players.
- New Achievements:
- Get Even More Goblins - Earned by completing Single-Player Campaign levels and earning more Stars.
- Counterspell - Destroy Spell Towers in Multiplayer Battles
- Monolith Masher - Destroy Monoliths in Multiplayer Battles
- Ungrateful Child - Defeat M.O.M.M.A on the Single-Player Campaign map.
- New season challenge tasks for higher level TH players
- Family Friendly Clans: Clans can be designated as family friendly to accommodate players under the age of 16.
- Chief's Journey: A visual guide for content you have unlocked as well as a preview of what you will unlock as you progress further
- New Capital District: Skeleton Park
- New Troop: Inferno Dragon
- New Spell: Graveyard Spell
- New Defence: Mini-Minion Hive
- New Defence: Reflector
- Capital Player Housing Customisation: Players can now personalise their house located within their Clan’s Capital Peak.
- Clan Capital Leagues: Clan ranking based on Raid Weekend performance that awards Clan XP.
- Clan Capital Leaderboards: Top 200 Global and top 200 local leaderboards (based on Clans location)
- Monolith: Damage % decreased
- Level 1: 14% -> 12%
- Level 2: 15% -> 13%
- Spell Tower: Poison Tower attack speed reduction reduced from -35% to -25%
- Clan Capital Skeleton Barrel: HP increased
- Level 1: 500 -> 700
- Level 2: 600 -> 800
- Level 3: 700 -> 850
- Level 4: 800 -> 1050
- Level 5: 900 -> 1200
- Poison Lizard: Target search radius has been increased by 0.5 tiles, making it less likely to ignore nearby units and Heroes.
- Underground Unit Movement: Decrease movement of underground units by 30% when walking above ground. Affects defensive Miners in battles and underground units when visiting Villages.
Game Changes & QOL Improvements
- Ambient sounds in the Autumn and Winter versions of the classic scenery have been adjusted (fewer bird sounds, etc.)
- War music track and ambient sounds now play when scouting or editing War base.
- Royale themed music added to the Royale Scenery.
- 9th Anniversary scenery party music track added along with more mood-appropriate ambient sounds.
- Sleep and cheer animations added to the Town Hall 15 Hero Pets.
- New hit effect sound added for Diggy.
- Upgrades in the Laboratory, Star Laboratory, or Pet House can be started even while the Building is being upgraded.
- Trader changes
- Items that cannot be purchased due to storage limitations are grayed out.
- Allow partial claiming of free Resources from Trader if the amount claimed would fill your Storages.
- Add popup when trying to partially claim free Resources.
- Decrease movement of underground units by 30% when walking above ground. Affects defensive Miners in battles and unground units when visiting Villages.
- Hero Skin shadows will follow the Hero during the animation in the Skin preview screen.
- Disable Hero Skin rotation during animation in all preview screens where rotation was possible.
- Improvements to the Capital prioritization user experience.
- Selecting a Battle Builder Hut will highlight buildings in the area of its healing effect.
- Loot from clearing Santa’s Surprise presents has been reduced from 5000 to 1000 each since brewing Spells no longer has an Elixir cost.
- Seeding strength for Silver, Gold, and Master leagues in the CWL has been increased to avoid too many demotions for Clans entering the CWL for the first time.
- Capital water effect slightly tweaked.
- Accuracy of Capital bonus calculations increased to account for Barbarians used in Battle Ram and Siege Cart.
- Added a Clan Capital "reputation level up splash" to notify you when your Capital reputation has increased.
- Damage for Barbarian King, Archer Queen, and Battle Machine special abilities when activated has been fixed.
- Avoid flying out of the play area if possible when targeting an object near the play area ledge.
- Prevent defensive Clan Capital units from getting stuck if they happen to be on top of an open gate when an attack ends.
- Exit layout editor before processing deeplinks.
- Fixed copy layout to copy modes of buildings under construction.
- Fix Poison Tower incorrectly highlighting buildings after spell is selected
- Always end battle automatically if Electro Titan was the last unit remaining. Previously it would not always happen.
- Adjusted a minor inaccuracy in the damage of enraged Scattershots.
- Town Hall 15 released adding Spell Towers, Monolith, 4 new pets, Recall Spell, Electro Titan troop, Battle Drill siege machine.
- The Spell Tower aids your village defence by deploying a spell to boost your defenses and defensive units when activated. Spell choices are Rage, Poison and Invisibility.
- Monolith is a single target defence with a base damage amount, plus a damage boost based on a percentage of the target’s maximum health points. This makes it very damaging against Heroes and tanks.
- New Pet: Frosty. Attacks a target within range of his hero, slowing down his target. He periodically spawns Frostmites that prioritise the nearest defense.
- New Pet: Diggy. Diggy travels underground to the hero’s target and stuns the target on his first hit.
- New Pet: Poison Lizard. Similar to having a Headhunter following your hero. It will poison defending heroes and troops near the hero, slowing down their movement and attack speed and inflicting damage.
- New Pet: Phoenix. Follows her hero as an egg, once the hero is knocked out, she hatches and revives the hero for a few seconds.
- New Troop: Electro Titan. A ground based unit that has an area of effect aura that damages her surroundings.
- New Spell: Recall Spell. Enables you to recall deployed troops and heroes from battle and redeploy them elsewhere on the battlefield.
- New Siege machine: Battle Drills. A defense targeting unit that travels underground and emerges to stun its target for 2 seconds on the first hit.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Clan Capital Priositisation - Leaders and Co-Leaders in clans can prioritise up to 3 upgrades per district.
- Barracks Rework - The 4 Barracks and 2 Dark Barracks have been consolidated to have a single building for each. Training times are unaffected.
- When a production building is upgrading (Barracks, Dark Barracks, Spell Factory, Dark Spell Factory and Siege Workshop), it will continue to train units/spells, however it will be at 50% of their normal speed.
- AI Changes: Healers will no longer target Wall Breakers, Super Wall Breakers or Yetimites and be less likely to get Grand Warden, Golem, Golemite, Ice Golem and Headhunter.
- New music for: 9th Anniversary Scenery, Epic Jungle Scenery, Jungle Scenery.
- New animation set for: Default Archer Queen, Default Royal Champion.
- Seasonal Challenges are now customised by players' Town Hall and Builder Hall levels. Every challenge offered should now be doable. Lower level players will no longer be asked to do tasks that they couldn’t do e.g. use a troop that unlocks much later.
- Players who had the Gold Pass for the previous month’s Season will get a bonus 200 Challenge Points if they get the Gold Pass for this Season. This change will take effect with the November season.
- You can now Quick Donate Super Troops if trying to donate while visiting Builder Base.
- Fixed Raid Medal cap enforcement.
- Show Capital Districts that are both locked and loading as locked rather than loading.
- Change Macedonia (FYROM) to North Macedonia.
- Changed color of attack button to gray instead of red during a Capital Raid if no more attacks are left.
- Display donation message correctly when completing ruins in Clan Capital.
- Fixed next replay button to skip over missing replays (resulting from attacks in which no troops were deployed) in Clan Capital.
- Fixed Find Barracks button graying to work consistently in different Clan Capital unit info screens. Always find your own Barracks when using that button, even if you are scouting a district which has the corresponding Barracks
- Fixed wrong unit level for secondary unit upgrade screen title when upgrading Capital Barracks. Do not show levels for Skeletons.
- Refresh Walls when exiting layout selection screen with back-button. Previously Walls were refreshed only when closing the screen.
- Correctly display Hero Skins given out in the Season Challenges Silver rewards track in the Reward List popup.
- Fixed overly large explosion in Level 4 Jump effect.
- Fixed duration of Bat Spell effects to match with the spawn duration.
- Fixed sound effects of Log Trap.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Season Challenge and Starter Challenge task autocompletion logic. Wall upgrade tasks were autocompleted even if you had unbuilt Walls. Laboratory upgrade tasks were autocompleted if you didn’t have Laboratory or Barracks or if Barracks were underleveled or Barracks were under upgrade.
- Extrapolate character attack animation only within the active logic tick to avoid animation going too far.
- Gracefully handle challenge loading failures (no more infinite spinners).
- Clone Spell will no longer clone units which have not spawned yet.
- Fixed battle end screen sometimes showing wrong time when finishing a challenge level. Wrong time could be shown if there was delay between the battle end and the screen showing up.
- Fixed not being able to always save Friendly Army when in Builder Base.
- Do not apply immunity effect for buildings when they’re hit by defensive Healer splash damage to avoid unnecessary visual noise. Buildings are still not healed by defensive Healers though.
- Fixed displayed number of Clan Capital attacks remaining icon after rejoining a Clan or joining another Clan.
- Fixed wrong unit levels in Army Camp info screen when visiting other Villages while Power Potion is active.
- Show the “By troops donated” sort mode for the Clan list only when in the Home Village tab of the Clan to avoid confusion.
- Fixed Clan Capital Airship attack notification not being visible in some sceneries with custom Airship.
- Show red background for Super Troops in the donation menus
- Level up characters on top of Wizard Tower level 14 and Archer Tower level 20.
- Fix CWL leaderboards not updating to the latest season if a Clan on the leaderboard has been deleted while the CWL was active.
- Remove alive Hero Pets turning into Elixir effect after battle. Pets are left visible similar to Heroes.
- Point count of 250 point Destroy X-Bows task in Season Challenges has been reduced to 200 to match other similar tasks
- Tweaked defensive Spell effects (TH 14 Poison, Super Valkyrie Rage) to distinguish them from normal Spell effects.
- Clarify error message for attempting to kick a Clan member while in Clan Capital
- Units with delayed spawn will not count as nearby units for Baby Dragon Rage ability.
- Units with delayed spawn no longer trigger Traps.
- Display Grand Warden’s aura effect when joining a live replay where Grand Warden has already been deployed.
- Add missing sound effect for “Friendly” Flower.
- Gray out Play Again button in Battle End screen if challenge event has ended.
- Fixed Battle End screen buttons sometimes becoming unresponsive.
- Fix close button of 'Congratulations' finished raid popup opening raid map when the screen is open in capital map.
- Royal Champion Seeking Shield health recovery reduced:
- Level 5 HP recovered decreased from 2900 HP to 2800 HP (-100)
- Level 6 HP recovered decreased from 3200 HP to 3000 HP (-200)
- Level 12 Air Defense (TH14) DPS increased from 480 to 500 (+20)
- Removal of army training costs.
- Starting from TH5, walls can be upgraded with either Gold or Elixir (previously started at TH9)
- Clan Castle is now upgraded with Elixir instead of Gold.
- Ability to “Remove all” troops, spells or Siege Machines from an army (previously they would need to be removed one by one).
- Donate any Super Troop that you have access to by quick donation (using gems) even if you don’t have it actively boosted.
- Scenery Randomiser added that functions similarly to the Hero skin randomiser, where your scenery is randomised each time your village is loaded..
- National flags removed and any costs refunded to players who had purchased them.
- A number of balancing changes have been introduced for defenses and troops.
- Wall HP reduced and Super Wall Breaker death damage adjusted to match adjusted Wall HP.
- The Eagle Artillery housing space activation is now 200 for all levels.
- Players are notified that they cannot if they don’t have a full army before they attack.
- A button has been added to the Forge to activate Builder Potions.
- A Capital Raid attack counter notification has been added to the Air Ship in the Home Village.
- District challenges are available during Raid Weekends if there hasn’t been changes made to the layout during the Raid Weekend.
- Raid Medals are now awarded based on the number of attacks a participant did.
- Trader Raid Medal offers now show “Sold Out” when no more of an item can be purchased until the next shop cycle refresh.
- Coordinate with your Clanmates to upgrade the Clan Capital within your village.
- Each weekend, you can participate in Raid Weekends where you can raid other Clan’s Capitals and earn additional Capital Gold to upgrade your Clan Capital
- At the end of the Raid Weekend, you’ll receive Raid Medals that can be used to purchase magic items and resources from the Trader or fill your own Clan Castle with troops.
- Addition of The Forge within the Home Village that enables you to use your builders to convert Home Village and Builder Base resources into Capital Gold.
- The trader now has a larger number of offers that are available for 7 days instead of the previous daily 3 offers.
- There is also a free item available each cycle.
- Level 12 Air Defense - HP increased from 1600 to 1650
- Level 4 Seeking Air Mine - Damage increased from 2400 to 2500
- Defensive Builder repair HP from 55/60 to 60/70 for level 3 & 4 Builder’s Hut respectively
- Level 8 & 9 Super Dragon DPS decreased from 414/448 to 405/429
- Super Dragon attack range decreased by 0.5 tiles
- Level 4-10 Unicorn heals decreased from 59/62/65/68/71/74/77 to 58/60/62/64/66/68/70
Bug Fixes & Changes
- Fixed an issue with Hero Pets sometimes becoming invisible
- Fixed Archer Queen’s animation that would occasionally cause her to twitch before her first attack
- Fixed graphics of Bomb Tower that caused troops to be hidden under its crater.
- Added more precision to collision detection of logs
- Adjusted trap triggering rules to not require unit movement
- Decrease gem cost of donating troops without the 1-gem donation perk.
- Air troops now take target building size into account when selecting and attacking targets. For example 4x4 TH can now be attacked from 0.5 tiles further away than before.
- Ground troops now take building size into account when considering the closest targets. Earlier the closest targets would be determined based on distance to the building middle point.
Hero Extra Life
- An additional health pool to heal your hero after an attack, enabling attacking immediately using your second trained army.
- If a Hero has 50% health left after an attack and the Extra Life bar is at 100%, then the Hero will be fully healed and the Extra Life bar reduced to 50%.
- If a Hero has 0% health left and the Extra Life bar is at 100%, the Hero will be fully healed and the Extra Life bar reduced to 0%.
- The Extra Life bar will regenerate once your Hero’s health is at 100% at the same rate as the Hero’s health recovery.
Clan UI changes
- Leaders and Co-Leaders can see approximately how recently Clan Members were last active. It is only accurate to the nearest day and greater than 7 days will show “Over a week ago”
- When viewing a Clan’s profile, there are options to sort the order of Clan Members:
- Most Trophies
- Highest Town Hall level
- Last active date - available only to Leader and Co-Leaders of that Clan
- Most Troops donated - viewable only by Clan members
- Most Troops received - viewable only by Clan members
- Highest XP level
- An icon will show a player’s Town Hall level in place of their XP level.
- When a Clan Games Challenge is completed, the completion notification now has a “New Challenge” button that allows you to open the Clan Games menu and select a new Challenge regardless if you’re in the Home Village or Builder Base.
- If you have an active Gold Pass but haven’t unlocked the 1-Gem Donation perk yet, when donating Troops a warning message will remind you that donating a Troop will cost more than 1 Gem.
- Support for Facebook Friends has been removed.
- Electro Dragon's movement speed has been increased from 1.5 to 1.6 tiles per second.
- Battle Blimp destruction damage has been decreased from 1000/1200/1400/1400 to 700/800/900/1000 per level.
- Flame Flinger has been reworked with the following changes:
- Will now shoot a burst of 3 separate Fire Spirits instead of a single projectile consisting of 3 Fire Spirits.
- Damage per attack has been increased from 675/725/775/825 to 675/750/825/900 per level.
- Splash damage from indirect hits has been decreased.
- Max fire DPS decreased per level from 180/200/220/240 to 120/140/160/180.
- Fire damage will ramp up much more quickly.
- Lifetime has been slightly reduced.
- AI has been balanced to be more reliable.
- Limit the randomness in attack position selection of ground troops if the target is in close proximity.
- Remove targeting randomness from Siege Machines.
- Forced retargeting for units when a nearby unit is attacked will no longer occur if the attacker is too far away for the unit to react.
- Pet AI improved to prevent it from getting stuck in a retarget loop.
- New Siege Machine: Flame Flinger
- New Super Troop: Super Dragon
- An additional 125 walls can be upgraded to level 15, bringing the total to 325 (all wall pieces).
- New Workshop level at TH14: Level 6 (unlocks Flame Flinger).
- New Collector levels at TH12: Gold Mine level 15, Elixir Pump level 15 & Dark Elixir Drill level 9
- Cost and time reductions for upgrades between TH3 - TH13.
- Increase of HP and/or DPS for a number of troops between TH7 - TH11
- Increase Star Bonus loot for all leagues.
- New Super Troop: Super Bowler
- New Defense levels: X-Bow level 9, Mortar level 14
- New Troop levels: Miner level 8, Yeti level 4, Hog Rider level 11, Golem level 11, Bowler level 6.
- An additional 50 walls can be upgraded to level 15, bringing the total to 200.
- Inferno Dragon: Ramp up speed of the beam showed down by 0.2 seconds.
- Dragon Rider: Range reduced by 0.5 tiles.
- Mighty Yak: Splash damage removed from it’s attack.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Gain XP for donating defending war Clan Castle troops. XP is awarded at the start of Battle Day, so farming XP by repeatedly donating and removing troops isn’t possible.
- Hero skin randomiser added. When enabled, you can pick which of your hero skins to include in the cycle and when your village is loaded, a new hero skin will be active.
- “Support a Creator” button added to the main shop screen to enable entering a creator code there.
- API Addition - Clan war opt in/out status returned in the player endpoint (warPreference)
- API Addition - Maximum number of war attacks for a war is returned from currentWar and warlog endpoints (attacksPerMember).
- Builders will no longer become stuck in Walls when defending during Wars, Friendly Challenges, or Legend League attacks.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a failure to save a Village in edit mode.This was caused by the Remove All tool to remove locked buildings. Locked buildings will no longer be removed when using the Remove All tool.
- Wars with more than the desired number of participants should no longer be possible (e.g. 15 vs 16).
- New Troop: Dragon Rider.
- New Super Troop: Rocket Balloon.
- New Defense levels: Air Defense level 12, Archer Tower level 20 and Wizard Tower level 14.
- New Trap levels: Air Bomb level 9 and Giant Bomb level 8.
- New Troop levels: Balloon level 10, Dragon level 9 and Electro Dragon level 5.
- An additional 50 walls can be upgraded to level 15, bringing the total to 150.
- Introduction of army composition sharing links.
- Addition of the ability to rotate layouts by 90 degrees when editing.
- The size of the deployment bar can now be adjusted.
- Numerous bug fixes.
- Town Hall 14 introduced bringing Battle Builder Huts and Pets.
- Battle Builder Huts have their own defense and the builder is able to repair nearby structures.
- Pets support your heroes when you take them into battle with various different abilities.
- Clan Castle donations are now capped for lower TH levels, where they can only receive troops levelled two TH levels higher rather than maximum.
- Starter challenges have been introduced for players that are Town Hall 2-6 to help speed up their progress. These challenges are similar to Season Challenges, however all rewards in the Starter Pass are available for free.
- Various recruitment tool improvements introduced.
- Various cost and time reductions for THs 4 - 11 and a smaller number of reductions for TH12.
- Boosts are no longer cancelled when a boosted hero/structure is upgraded.
- Lab research will continue during a lab upgrade, however new research cannot be started until the upgrade has completed.
- Increased rewards on the first 19 Goblin Map levels.
- 120FPS support added for the iPad Pro.
- Numerous bug fixes.
- Reduce Super Wizard chain damage from 60% to 40%
- Increase Bomb level 9 damage from 112 to 125
- Increase Super Archer level 9 HP from 500 to 510
- Adjust Warden priority to follow Log Launcher and Battle Blimp to reduce the chance of him following them in a deadly run towards the Town Hall.
- New Spell: Invisibility Spell.
- New Siege Machine: The Log Launcher.
- New Super Troops: Super Wizard and Ice Hound.
- New Hero levels: Royal Champion 21 - 25.
- New Spell Factory Level at TH11: Level 6 (unlocks Invisibility Spell).
- New Workshop level at TH13: Level 5 (unlocks The Log Launcher).
- New Defense level at TH13: X-Bow level 8.
- New Trap Levels at TH13: Giant Bomb level 7 & Air Bomb level 8.
- At the end of a battle, if a Hero’s ability remains unused, the Hero will heal the amount of HP they would normally recover from using their ability. This will help reduce the Hero’s downtime, allowing them to be ready much sooner!
- When editing your base, Main Village Wall segments can now be swapped with other Wall segments, just like Buildings and Traps.
- Broken Cannon Carts will retarget after being pushed back if their target is not within range anymore.
- Units will now have more accurate line of sight calculation to help with pathing.
- Lightning Spell will no longer have any effect on the Clan Castle. Like the Elixir and Gold Storage buildings, Lightning Spell will cause no damage to the Clan Castle.
- Scattershot hit speed has been increased from 3.036 to 3.228 seconds and DPS has been reduced by 10.
- Scattershot HP has been increased:
- Level 1: 3000 to 3600
- Level 2: 3500 to 4200
- When creating a Friendly War, you can now select whether the war will allow 1 or 2 attacks per player.
- A new Cosmetics tab has been added to the in-game shop where you can browse and purchase any permanently available cosmetics such as Hero Skins when they become available for Gems.
- The Reward tab of the Season Challenges now has some quick access buttons to allow easier navigation to the earliest unlocked but unclaimed reward.
- When an optional update becomes available that contains an important bug fix, the game will display a message encouraging you to download the update.
- A “View Skin” option has been added when visiting.
- Skin animations are more elaborate when viewed in the wardrobe and simpler animations in other UI elements.
- Fixed an issue with hit points rounding after the Grand Warden’s aura ends. This issue would cause Heros to lose their auto ability if they were left with 1HP when the Warden’s aura ended as it would round the HP down to 0.
- Added the 2019 and 2020 Halloween decorations to the Skeleton Run
- Prevent access to the Clan War Leagues screen for normal Clan members if the League data has not been loaded yet, preventing players from spying when using a poor or slow internet connection.
- Removed the exclamation point (!) from the Clan War Leagues button for players who don’t have access to the screen.
- Fixed info screen of Super Archer and Giant Cannon to show damage type as “Area Splash” instead of “Single Target”.
- Fixed a bug in the Builder menu where the menu contents would reset while scrolling.
- HP reduction for Cannon Cart’s Last Stand ability is more accurate by making it update 15 times per second instead of 5 times per second.
- Do not eject low-level Cannon Carts with unlocked Last Stand ability if they’re hit by Giant Cannon.
- Allow editing layouts with the layout editor for TH2 players who manage to access the editor via war screen.
- Fixed visual bug that showed troops as boost in other players’ villages when you have a Power Potion active.
- Fixed Royal Champion shield disappearing too early when activating her ability.
- Fixed visual bug with Royal Champion’s ability so the shield bounce will begin where the previous one ended.
- Increased the brightness of the Grand Warden’s Eternal Tome ability to make it more visible.
- Fixed flawed logic in ranged unit AI where they would attack random Walls.
- Reduced the zig-zag movement of the Wall Wrecker when it has been deployed.
- Improved the targeting logic of ground units allowing units to not only consider the 3 closest targets but also consider extra targets if those are much easier to reach than the first 3.
- New Super Troops: Super Valkyrie and Super Minion.
- New Defense levels at TH13: Archer Tower level 19 and Hidden Tesla level 12.
- New Troop levels at TH13: Giant level 10, Wizard level 10 and P.E.K.K.A level 9.
- New Army Camp Level at TH13: Army Camp level 11 allowing 300 total troop space.
- Removal of the Super Troop cooldown, allowing the same Super Troop to be activated again immediately.
- Level 14 wall limit increased to 300 (from 200).
Quality of Life Improvements/Changes
- Various Supercell ID improvements have been made.
- Age verification for new accounts in the United States for players under 16.
- Heroes will now always guard the village and will automatically heal after taking a defense. The Guard toggle has now been removed.
- The battle will no longer end prematurely if the Siege Barracks is the final remaining unit.
- Beta Minion's AI improved to reduce randomness of their starting attack position.
- Clock Tower Boost will no longer pause during maintenance as maintenance will not affect the Builder Base's progress.
- New tech added to skin functionality to allow cooler, wilder special effects like customized spawned troops, attack hits, smoke effects, etc.
- Fixed visual fidelity to correct weapons incorrectly clipping into the game geometry.
- The "For You" tab has been removed. The "Community" tab provides up-to-date content by the Clash Content Creators with useful strategy videos and helpful guides.
- The game engine can now render multiple spell effects at once (combinations of Heal, Jump, Rage, Poison, Invisibility, Haste, Eternal Tome, Freeze, Frost, Clone, Stun, Shrink, etc.).
- The option to have a 5-minute preparation time and 45-minute Wars has been added.
- Wall Breakers will now be able to use Jump Spell
- Wall Breakers AI has been improved for greater target consistency and reduces the chance of them attacking different Wall segments when deployed.
- Some attack damage has been shifted to the Wall Breakers death damage to make them more predictable and viable, assuming max Laboratory level for your respective Town Hall level
- Inferno Dragon’s beam will no longer heat up while flying; however, the charge-up time for higher damage levels has been reduced.
- The Level 4 Siege Barracks Wizards have been reduced from 12 to 11.
- Electro Dragon’s chain lightning will now prefer targets with the highest hit points if multiple targets are equidistant.
- Super Archer will no longer miss targets within 0.1 tiles of her.
- Improved the AI for all flying units by not forcing them to retarget when a Hidden Tesla appears when their current target is better.
- Level 8 Air Defense (TH10) hit points have been increased by 10 HP, making them more resistant to Lightning Spell strikes.
- Skeleton Spell: The number of Skeletons spawned at each level has been increased by 1 Skeleton.
- A unit that has not been unlocked will not be available in Friendly Challenges while the production building that would unlock that unit is currently upgrading. However, usage of already unlocked units remains possible even while the production building is upgrading.
- Super Troop donation requests are not removed if Army Camps or production buildings contain those Super Troops.
- The timer for Power Potion and Hero Potion is more accurate.
- Fixed issue in the layout editor so it no longer places objects on top of each other, causing the save to fail when items overlap.
- Introduce a new Season Challenge task to collect Stars in a Friendly Challenge for the Home Village or Builder Base.
- Fix personal break not working properly with the 24-hour village guard you get when entering the re-engagement flow.
- Disable the Current War button when browsing normal War history while Clan War Leagues are ongoing to prevent unwanted spectators.
- Show time left properly in Clan Chat of Builder Base Friendly Challenges.
- Fixed 3D animation issues to blend better between first and last frames.
- Fixed a bug with Electro Dragon’s chain lightning distance calculation.
- Fixed Miner’s attack animation so he does damage simultaneously when the shovel hits the target.
- Fixed an issue of shrinking characters when targeted by the Headhunter.
- Fixed a rarely occurring issue where troops would not retarget correctly when a Hidden Tesla appeared if the troops had already retargeted to something else and their attack cooldown from the previous attack had not yet completed.
- Fixed the projectile attack animation angle of the Battle Blimp. Previously it was aimed at the ground but exploded in the air above the target.
- Prevent troops from retargeting after exiting a Jump Spell, thus prevent troops from getting stuck in a never ending Jump Spell loop.
- Addition of The Headhunter! A new DE troop available at TH12. She is a ground based unit that can jump over walls. Her preferred target is heroes where she has a 4x damage bonus and poisons them.
- New Super Troops: Inferno Dragon and Super Witch.
- New defence levels at TH13: Cannon level 19 and Wizard Tower level 13.
- New Troop levels for TH13: Baby Dragon level 7, Golem level 10, Lava Hound level 6, Wall Wrecker level 4, Battle Blimp level 4, Stone Slammer level 4.
- New Troop levels for TH12: Archer level 9.
- New Spell levels: Lightning level 8 (TH11) and 9 (TH12) & Clone level 6 (TH13).
- New Hero levels: Barbarian King level 75 & Archer Queen level 75.
- 1 additional Spring Trap at TH13.
- Level 14 wall limit increased to 200 (from 150).
Quality of Life Changes
- Addition of sceneries - Customise your village with a new scenery. You can switch between the sceneries you own.
- Custom Friendly Challenge Armies - Instantly train a separate army with no resource cost for use in Friendly Challenges and Friendly Wars.
- Improved Town Hall Upgrade Experience - Upgrading your Town Hall will trigger various limited-time boosts and benefits. The boosts and benefits increase in their availability and duration as you progress through the game into higher Town Hall levels.
- Golem levels 7-9: reduced training cost from 600/700/800 to 575/650/725
- Loot Cart now accumulates loot over time for up to 90 days and its capacity for resources generated from inactivity has been increased across Town Hall levels.
- The maximum storage capacity for returned resources stolen in attacks has been increased.
- If a player has been inactive for 90 days or more, they will trigger the returning player event resulting in multiple free level upgrades within their village. This can happen once per year.
- When saving donation requests the game also now includes Troops, Spells or Siege Machines that are already in the Clan Castle.
- Season Challenges’ Troop-based tasks have been rebalanced in order to be able to be completed with Clan Castle reinforcements from Town Hall 9 and up.
- Grand Warden AI improved to follow the group more effectively and be less prone to drifting away while in Air Mode.
- Removed Air Mines from traveling across the map if their original target is destroyed after triggering the trap but before the trap is activated. Max distance for Air Mine’s target selection is now 2x the trigger radius of the trap.
- Troops exiting Jump Spell should not retarget in order to prevent Troops from getting stuck in Jump Spell.
- Scattershot defense can now run out of ammunition, similar to X-Bow and Inferno Tower.
- Scattershot attack speed reduced from 3 seconds to 3.036 seconds.
- Wall Wrecker pathing has been improved.
- Fixed the possibility of including the wrong Clan Member(s) in a War, if a new member with a high trophy count joins the Clan during the member selection process.
Builder Base Balance Changes
- Crusher splash radius reduced from 3.5 tiles to 2.8 tiles, now it doesn't so easily cause damage to units which are out of range.
- Battle Machine DPS increased for levels 21-30
- Spring Trap spring capacities increased from 5/10/15/20 to 8/12/16/20.
- Level 1-2 Push Trap spring capacities increased from 5/7 to 6/8.
- Raged Barbarian spring weight increased from 1 to 2.
- Sneaky Archer spring weight increased from 1 to 2.
- Boxer Giant spring weight increased from 5 to 8.
- Bomber spring weight increased from 2 to 4.
- Cannon Cart spring weight increased from 5 to 8.
- Prevent opening of war screen during CWL if you're not at least Elder or included in the roster for all League levels.
- “Time Left” info added to Builder Base Friendly Challenge Clan Chat entries.
- “Time Left” info to shared Builder Base replays.
- Allow Quick Donation of any normal versions of Troops even when the Super Troop version is enabled.
- Added “Active Creator Boost” popup in the shop
- Add sound effect when toggling Grand Warden to air or ground mode in Home Village.
- Show the number of unseen offers in the treasure tab and in the offer tab in the shop.
- Introduction of Super Troops for TH11 and up. Boost existing troops with new abilities and strength.
- Cost reductions for a number of Home Village upgrades (Troops, Spells, Traps, Walls and Heroes) for TH8 to 11.
- Addition of the 3rd Dark Elixir Drill to TH9.
- New Resource Collector levels for TH11+: Gold Mine level 14, Elixir Pump level 14 & Dark Elixir Drill level 8.
- New Defense levels for TH13: Archer Tower level 18, Mortar level 13 & Bomb Tower level 9.
- New Troop levels for TH13: Minion level 9, Valkyrie level 8 & Minion level 9.
- New Spell level for TH13: Poison level 7.
- Level 14 wall limit increased to 150 (from 100).
- New practice levels for TH12 and 13.
- Clash Castle troops now deploy in the following order:
- Lowest housing space first
- If housing space is equal, additional behind the scenes data will sort
- Lowest level first
- New Hero skin selection screen.
- Active hero skins will be shown on the player profile tab.
- Some Hero skins will be available to purchase for Gems outside of the Gold Pass.
- Research Potions now boost the Laboratory speed by 24x instead of 10x.
- The price for Research Potions increased from 70 Gems to 120 Gems in the Trader's Daily Deals.
- Introducing Friendly Challenge-specific Clan Castle Troops. Like Legend League, once they are set they will remain unchanged until you replace them.
- Builder Base battles will now feature a tiebreaker. If both players achieve the same destruction and Stars, then the player with the most remaining time left will be the winner.
- Training time from Builder Base Troops has been removed and can be used in an attack immediately.
- Regeneration time for the Builder Machine has been removed.
- Troops may still be trained even if the Barracks are being upgraded.
- Clock Tower has been changed to the following:
- Multiplier increased from 8x to 10x
- Boost duration has been increased from 3-11 minutes to 14-30 minutes.
- Cooldown time has been increased from 7 hours to 22 hours but the Gem price to skip the cooldown has been reduced.
- Allow the use of Home Village layouts in Friendly Wars even if the layout is blocked by obstacles.
- New option in the Settings menu to disable screen shake.
- To help combat spying during the Clan War League seasons, players not on the roster or without a role in the Clan may not see the War League screen.
- Modified Grand Warden’s AI to be less likely to follow Yetimites.
- Eagle Artillery will be less likely to target Yetimites.
- Modified Grand Warden’s AI to be less likely to follow Heroes.
- Healer AI has been modified to be less likely to heal Golemites.
- Defensive Ice Golem’s Freeze duration is reduced by 0.5 seconds.
- Yetimite splash damage radius has been slightly reduced to avoid hitting adjacent buildings when attacking a 2x2 structure.
- Yetimites no longer trigger deploying Clan Castle troops.
- Yetimite damage against resource storages (including Town Hall) has been reduced by 50%.
- Number of Wall Rings required to upgrade Walls has been reduced for certain levels:
- Level 11: 2 > 1
- Level 12: 4 > 3
- Remove double heal from Hero abilities when activated manually and automatically at exactly same moment
- Fix issues with Royal Champion not throwing her shield if ability is enabled while frozen
- Fix forced retargeting after the following attack after destroying a Wall
- Make Grand Warden able to do something sensible while his group is frozen
- Make Grand Warden consider retargeting more frequently if he's not following any group
- Fix Wall Wrecker getting stuck on Walls
- Alert defending Royal Champion like other Heroes when enemies are approaching the altar
- Fixed Electro Dragon sometimes targeting the same target twice within a single lightning chain (could happen when forced to retarget while the chain was still active)
- Fix Royal Champion attacking non-defense buildings in rare cases
- Fix inconsistencies with situations where multiple boosts which affect movement speed, attack speed and damage (Poison, Rage, Haste, Barbarian King ability, Archer Queen ability, Baby Dragon) are active at the same time.
- Don't show Hidden Teslas in Builder Base village preview of player profile.
- Show gear ups, building attack modes and Sweeper aim angles properly in village preview.
- Show correct frame of Eagle Artillery and Air Sweeper instead of showing the last frame which would show that the Eagle is out of ammo.
- Show hidden objects such as Tesla's and Traps properly in player profile when viewed by the member from the same clan. Previously they were always removed from player profile view.
- Fix visual rounding error for Gold and Elixir when using a rune for some specific amounts of resources (for example 17999999)
- Fix a bug where if a player finished their last Clan Games task and went offline until after the Games ended then they could miss out on being eligible to claim the extra reward for maxing their score quota.
- Fix Hero healing timer in training overview screen. The timer wasn't calculated properly when boost was active and boost timer was shorter than Hero heal timer. (+ Same fix for troop & spell timers)
- Remove artificial limitation of 20 for minimum clan level in Clan Search
- Do not spawn Tall Grass from stashed Ancient Barbarian Statue.
- Increase Spring Trap (Home Village) radius from 0.7 to 0.8 tiles
- Increase level 5-7 Bomb Tower HP from 1000/1200/1400 to 1050/1300/1600
- Increase level 5-7 Bomb Tower DPS from 46/52/60 to 48/56/64
- Increase level 6-7 Bomb Tower death damage from 340/380 to 350/400
- Decrease level 16-17 Cannon DPS from 125/132 to 124/130
- Fix an exploit in Legends League that is against Supercell's 'Fair Play' values.
- Increase level 18 Cannon (TH13) hitpoints by 10HP from 1860 to 1870 to prevent the Royal Champion from one-shotting them with her Seeking Shield ability.
- Yetimites will no longer trigger traps.
- Addition of a new "Community" tab featuring regular videos from Clash of Clans content creators. This will be able to be viewed by clicking the "Inbox" button to the left of the "Shop" button, within the "Community" tab.
- Additionally, we will cut the Village Guard time in Titan leagues so it's always 60 minutes (was previously up to 180 minutes). This should help with the bad clouding that gets reported from time to time particularly when there's events going that get players more active.
- Titan I: 180 minutes > 60 minutes
- Titan II: 150 minutes > 60 minutes
- Titan III: 120 minutes > 60 minutes
- TH13 introduced, adding the Giga Inferno, Scattershot, Royal Champion, Yeti and Siege Barracks.
- Army Camps and Workshop reduced in size to 4x4 and laboratory reduced to 3x3 to save space in the Village.
- When selecting clan members for war, their TH level is displayed (as long as they have logged in since the update).
- You can upgrade multiple walls as long as you currently have enough resources to upgrade them all. Previously this was capped at your storage limit even if they were overfilled.
- Decorations can be placed on the outside of the map.
- It is no longer necessary to place decorations in every layout. For example, it's possible to have a decoration only in the Home Village layout but not in the War Base layout.
- Reaching clan level 8 now enables clan members to donate 2 spells instead of 1.
- All existing troop donation limits have been increased by 1
- Level 8 P.E.K.K.A has a new appearance.
- Increased storage capacity of level 13 Gold Storages and Elixir Storages by 500,000
- Increased Multi Mortar damage by 10% across the board in Home Village
- Reduced Spring Trap ejected housing space (Level 1: 15 to 10, Level 2: 16 to 12, Level 3: 17 to 14, Level 4: 18 to 16, Level 5: 19 to 18)
- Increase Giant level 8/9 HP from 1480/1660 to 1500/1850
- Increase Miner level 6 HP from 870 to 900
- Decrease Lava Hound explode radius from 5 tiles to 3.5 tiles
- Add death damage of 1000/1200/1400 for level 1/2/3 Battle Blimp
- Increase Valkyrie level 7 HP from 1400 to 1450
- Make Grand Warden a bit less likely to follow Lava Hounds
- Decrease troop healing of Level 5 Healer from 80 to 72
- Increase hero healing of Level 5 Healer from 44 to 48
- Increased the maximum amount of Elixir/Gold that can be looted from TH12 player storages by 50,000
- Increased the maximum amount of Dark Elixir that can be looted from TH12 player storages by 500
- Improve attack position evaluation by checking if the target is reachable before reaching the path end, should improve AI of many ground troops, but especially Battle Machine.
- Removal of Global Chat - Announcement here
- Improved Clan Finder/Clan Recruitment tool where players can set a flag if they are looking for a new clan as well as choose labels for their playstyle. Clans can also set similar labels to describe the type of players they are looking for.
- Army Quick Train slots increased from 3 to 6.
- Season Challenges UI update to provide clearer information.
- 3 new Season Challenge types: Win X battles using Y troops of a certain type, Win X battles using Y spells of a certain type and Win X War attacks.
- New "Well Seasoned" Achievement - For reaching certain point thresholds in the Season Challenges.
- Addition of task revive feature for Clan Games that allows you to revive an expired task using gems to allow you to complete it.
- Bonus reward for high achievers in Clan Games - Score max points and be able to choose an additional reward from any of the unlocked tiers.
- Rework of player and clan profiles with new layout and display of recruitment tool labels.
- Loot Cart will always spawn in a new clearing next to the Trader’s Tent rather than on the main village area.
- Moving Traps or Teslas will not trigger the layout cooldown when editing your Village.
- In the Legend League, the layout cooldown calculation will now take into account how much matchmaking time is remaining and will adjust the cooldown accordingly, which should result in shorter cooldowns.
- Decorations will no longer block certain attack positions, but will still affect pathing slightly.
- Grand Warden’s AI has been improved so he won’t randomly abandon his group as easily.
- To reduce the Clouds in Titan Leagues, Guard length has been reduced: Titan 2 from 3h to 2.5h; and in Titan 1 from 4h to 3h.
- Builder Base trophy reset is now at 5000 instead of 4000. Better rewards for the 5000-6000 trophy range since the reset is now at 5000.
- Builder Base Gold Mine and Elixir Collector will now store 24h worth of production instead of 12h.
- A warning is now shown Single Player maps if your Town Hall level is too low for the selected map.
- Supercell ID 2.0 was added to Clash of Clans but it is being rolled out to specific regions first to make sure it works with the Clash client.
- Players who get a Legend League defense against them that scores 0 stars don't lose trophies anymore. The player who attacks them will still gain some Trophies though per the old rules.
- Golem DPS adjusted to be 5x DPS of Golemites (DPS decrease at levels 1-3, increase at levels 5-9), Golemite HP increased and Golem Level 8 & 9 (TH12) now spawn 3 Golemites instead of 2.
- Dragon HP increased at levels 5-7 (TH10, TH11 & TH12)
- Valkyrie HP increased at level 7 (TH12)
- Hog Rider HP decreased at level 9 (TH12)
- Hog Glider HP decreased at level 18 (BH9)
- Inferno Tower DPS reduced for single target mode at levels 2 & 3 (TH10)
- Hidden Tesla HP increased at level 10 (TH12)
- Mortar HP increased at level 12 (TH12)
- Builder Hall 9 introduced, bringing us the Lava Launcher, Hog Glider and O.T.T.O, freeing up the Master Builder to optionally join the Home Village as a 6th builder.
- Operation Blue Skies - Rework of the Legends League to fix “the clouds” within the higher leagues.
- Practice mode - A tutorial mode that guides players through troop and spell deployments with some example armies and attacks at their current Town Hall level and the next one.
- New Hero levels: Barbarian King level 65, Archer Queen level 65 & Grand Warden level 40.
- New Spell levels: Rage level 6 (TH12), Poison level 6 (TH12), Earthquake level 5 (TH11), Haste level 5 (TH11) and Skeleton level 6 (TH12).
- Earthquake Spell rework to offer increased radius per level.
- Skeleton Spell rework to give the spawned skeletons shields that protect them, requiring two hits to destroy each skeleton, similar to the Guards in Clash Royale. A reduced number of skeletons are spawned per level as a result.
- Addition of Golem level 9 for TH12.
- Addition of Mortar level 12 for TH12.
- Level 13 wall limit removed (final 50 pieces can be upgraded).
- Ability to share village layouts via a link within Clan Chat or externally via third party applications/websites.
- New 3D model for the Grand Warden to add support for skins earnt from Season Challenges.
- The level 6 Inferno Tower has had a visual rework.
- Season Bank changed to only increment by the amount of loot you receive from an attack. Previously it would increase by the total resources looted even if you didn’t receive them due to your storages being full.
- A 7 day cooldown has been introduced in the League Show when purchasing each Magic Hammer. Each Magic Hammer has its own timer, so you can purchase one of each every 7 days.
- Prestige medals are awarded to Builder Base players with trophy counts above 4000 at the end of the season when they are reset to 4000, similar to Legend Trophies from the Legend League. At launch, these were calculated back to include previous season resets.
- Season Challenges - Personal daily and monthly challenges with more rewards.
- New Troop levels - Hog Rider level 9, Witch level 5 and Ice Golem level 5
- New Structure levels - Archer Tower level 17 and Cannon level 17
- Witch level 3 now available at TH10 and Witch level 4 now available at TH11
- Reduction in costs and times for TH10 and below to help players upgrade faster.
- Addition of 30 vs 30 CWL leagues. This doesn’t affect the 15 v 15 leagues.
- Changes to the CWL reward structure to encourage more competitive play.
- New 3D models for Barbarian King and Archer Queen to enable use of skins earnt from Season Challenges.
- Traps and defences (X-Bows, Inferno Towers and the Eagle Artillery) will be automatically rearmed/reloaded for free when you log back in to Clash of Clans.
- The Magic Item Inventory button is moving from the Clan Castle to the Town Hall/Builder Hall to help reduce clutter when tapping on the Clan Castle.
- Leaders and co-leaders will be able to remove troops from other clan members war clan castles to make correcting donation mistakes easier.
- Better builder suggestions on the Builder menu.
- If a Clan’s Leader has been inactive for 90 days, the Leader title will be assigned to the most senior Co-Leader in the Clan. This is determined by who has been Co-Leader the longest without interruption. If no Co-Leaders are present then Leader is passed to the most senior Elder.
- Dark clouds when searching for multiplayer opponents that can be enabled within the settings menu, great for when playing in dark rooms or when wishing to reduce brightness.
- Update to Archer Queen and Grand Warden AI to path better with Jump Spells and destroyed walls.
- Increase of X-Bow and Mortar DPS and a decrease of Cannon and Archer Tower DPS.
- Increase of Barbarian and Goblin HP due to defence changes (stealth Barbarian King boost).
- Eagle Artillery fixed to allow it to be attacked from the same range as other structures (previously they needed to be 1 tile closer).
- Level 13 wall limit increased to 250 (from 200).
- Addition of the Ice Golem for TH11+.
- Addition of the Bat Spell for TH10+.
- Addition of the Stone Slammer, a new Siege Machine for TH12.
- Additional war base layouts can be purchased for 1000,1500 and 2000 gems respectively.
- Siege Machine/Grand Warden mode can be changed after the battle has begun but before they have been deployed.
- Addition of Clan War Leagues, a 7 day tournament each month where your clan goes up against 7 others.
- Addition of a new currency: League Medals. There are earnt from Clan War Leagues and can be used to purchase Hammers.
- Hammers work in a similar manner to existing Magic Items, however they also cover the resource cost of the upgrade as well as instantly completing it.
- Addition of 25 new single player Goblin maps.
- Level 13 wall limit increased to 200 (from 100).
- TH12 introduced, adding the Giga Tesla, Electro Dragon and Siege Machines.
- Upgrade time reduction at lower levels (up to 50%)
- Ability to change your name more than once with gems.
- Ability to set the Clan Castle to sleep mode so that troops don’t defend your village when it is attacked.
- Addition of a button to copy base layouts from clanmates that are +1 or -1 level from your own.
- All structures need to have been constructed (but not fully upgraded) before you can upgrade your Town Hall
- To celebrate 4 years of Clan Wars, additional Clan War tools added allowing people to add notes to an enemy village and claim targets.
- Addition of Builder Hall 8 with the Super P.E.K.K.A and Mega Tesla.
- Introduction of The Trader, offering 3 special offers per day allowing magic items to be purchased with gems.
- Level 12 wall limit removed to allow all walls to be upgraded (from a limit of 125).
- Native support for iPhone X added.
- Introducing Clan Games and Magic Items.
- Complete challenges with your clan mates and earn powerful rewards that allow upgrades to be instantly completed.
- Inferno Towers no longer block healing effects on targetted troops
- Level 12 wall limit increased to 125 (from 100).
- It’s now possible to have friendly battles with clanmates for the Builder Base.
- The friends list now shows if they are online.
- You can spectate attacks of your friends.
- When searching for clans, active clans will be suggested for you.
- Level 12 wall limit increased to 100 (from 75).
- Addition of Builder Hall 7 with the Drop Ship and Giant Cannon
- Addition of Builder Hall 6 with the Night Witch and Roaster
- Addition of the Builder Base, a new village with different game mechanics that can be played alongside the home village.
- Addition of the ability to gear up certain defences on the home village to add new characteristics.
- Level 12 wall limit increased to 75 (from 50).
- Barbarian King and Archer Queen max levels increased to 45 with cost reductions for lower levels (31-40 and 26-40 respectively).
- Level 12 walls introduced for TH11 (limit of 50 pieces).
- Events introduced, offering reduced troop training costs and rewards for completing challenges.
- Introduction of the Bomb Tower at TH8+.
- Addition of friendly wars allowing clans to arrange their own wars.
- Army training revamp, instead of 4 separate training queues for barracks, there is one large queue with calculated training times. It is also possible to train army presets with a single button press.
- Clash Friends allows you to add other players to your friends list.
- Reduction of a number of upgrade cost and times.
- Introduction of the Baby Dragon (TH9+), Miner (TH10+), Clone Spell (TH10+) and Skeleton Spell (TH9+).
- Bowlers reduced from 8 troop space to 6.
- Friendly Challenges added. Test your village designs by allowing clan mates to attack them without their troops being consumed.
- Introduction of the Bowler to TH10+.
- Valkyrie behaviour updated to make her attack faster.
- Battle time limit reduced back to 3 minutes (from 3:30 changed in December 2015).
- Poison Spell updated so that idle troops move out of the spell area. Prior to this, it was possible to lure the defending Clan Castle troops and deploy a Poison Spell on them to take them out.
- War matchmaking updated to take into account defence strength as well as offensive strength. Clan win streaks/win-loss ratios also taken into account.
- Major update to looting mechanics with introduction of the Treasury, Loot Cart and Daily Star Bonus.
- Clan Castles now houses the treasury, a safer loot storage that replaces the War Loot Storage.
- The Treasury capacity is determined by Town Hall level and clan perks instead of Clan Castle level.
- The Loot Cart appears in your Village after each defence and contains 20% of the lost resources.
- If a Loot Cart is already present in your village, it’s resource values will be increased if a subsequent defence would be worth more than the current values.
- Collecting the Loot Cart will add the resources back into your main storages.
- The Daily Star Bonus is awarded each day for winning 5 stars from multiplayer battles with higher leagues offering greater rewards.
- A new Daily Star Bonus is available each day and will roll over once, allowing you to get 2 bonuses back to back if the previous days bonus wasn’t achieved.
- Eagle Artillery updated to deal 3x damage to Golems and Golemites.
- TH11 introduced.
- Grand Warden and Eagle Artillery added at TH11.
- It is now possible to request spells with your Clan Castle troop requests.
- Updates to the Shield system to allow attacking through the shield
- Battle time limit increased by 30 seconds to 3 minutes 30 seconds.
- Total destruction now acts as a tiebreaker in the event of two clans scoring the same number of stars in a Clan War.
- Addition of the Dark Spell Factory, available at TH8.
- Introduces the Poison Spell, Earthquake Spell and Haste Spell.
- Introduction of Titan League and Legends League above Champions League.
- Addition of the Air Sweeper, available at TH6.
- There is now an army preview screen before each war attack to ensure your army is ready before you attack.
- Matchmaking improvements to try and match players at or close to your Town Hall level and for Clan War matches compensate for high level walls, heroes, traps etc.
- Addition of Clan experience to level up your clan.
- Clan Perks from experience include Clan ability to request Clan Castle Troops more frequently, ability to donate more troops at a time, receive refunds for donated troops, upgraded donated troop levels and increased Clan War loot storage.
- Addition of the Layout Editor to allow players to save multiple layouts for Home Village and War Base.
- Ability to watch the attack live while your village is being attacked.
- Upgrading walls with Elixir is now only available for Walls level 9 and up.
- Addition of the first Dark Elixir Drill available at TH7.
- Addition of the second Dark Elixir Drill available at TH8.
- Skeleton Trap introduced at TH8.
- Ability to specify more details about your clan such as war frequency and location as well as new filters on the clan search tab.
- Introduction of the Lava Hound at TH9.
- Walls level 6 and up can now be upgraded with Elixir instead of Gold.
- Hero updates to make them smarter. It’s now no longer possible to lure them to the edge of the map. Their abilities now include a damage increase and health recovery. Rage Spells now have less effect on heroes. The Barbarian King now fulfils a tank and the Archer Queen a damage dealer.
- Jump Spell updated to allow all troops to use it rather than just the troops it was deployed on.
- Valkyrie behaviour updated so that they change position to be in between structures when attacking.
- Separate war base and farming bases introduced to allow different layouts to be used for each.
- Clan Wars! The largest update to Clash of Clans to add a competitive mode between clans.
- Clan Castle updated to store Clan War loot.
- The Barbarian King and Archer Queen both receive their special abilities.
- Addition of the Co-leader role to allow other players to assist with leader privileges.
- Introduction of gem boxes and obstacle growth to allow players to receive gems from clearing them.
- New multi target mode added to the Inferno Tower and healing is blocked by troops targeted by it.
- Percentage reduction for loot available when attacking a lower Town Hall level.
- Reworked traps - Traps can be reloaded rather than having to be replaced each time.
- Addition of the Village Edit Mode to help with village design and building placement
- Introduction of the Witch
- Addition of the Freeze Spell
- Addition of level 11 walls for TH10.
- Second Inferno Tower and third X-Bow added for TH10.
- Town Hall 10 introduced
- Inferno Tower added for TH10
- Golem added
- Introduction of leagues (Up to Champions) with loot bonuses for each victory.
- Dark Barracks and Dark Elixir Troops added (Minions, Hog Riders & Valkyries)
- Leaderboards added
- Air Bomb and Seeking Air Mine introduced
- P.E.K.K.A now takes additional damage from Hidden Teslas
- Heroes Introduced: Barbarian King and Archer Queen added
- Dark Elixir introduced
- Dark Elixir Storage available at TH7 and Dark Elixir Drill available at TH8
- Second X-Bow added to TH9
- Level 9 and 10 walls added for TH9
- Town Hall 9 Introduced
- X-Bow and Jump Spell added.
- Ability to set a required trophy level for your clan in order for people to apply.
- Reduced loot available when attacking a player with a lower level Town Hall (2 levels or more)
- Spells introduced
- Replays for attacks added
- Clash of Clans is released World Wide
- Maximum Town Hall Level: 8