Clash of Clans receives regular updates to the game throughout the year consisting of approximately 3 major updates, with a number of smaller updates for balancing in between.
When will the next major update be released?
Based on the release schedules from previous years, the next major update will likely be:
Please note: This release date is unconfirmed and estimated based on previous updates
What will the next update contain?
So far, 2 new super troops have been announced: Inferno Dragon and Super Witch.
What did the previous update contain?
The last update was a major update released on 30th March 2020 consisting of:
A new structure is being added next to the Trader's hut that will allow boosting of Super Troops.
What is a Super Troop?
Super Troops are temporarily boosted versions of Home Village troops with a unique ability that differs from their regular counterpart. They have spent some time in the new structure next to the Trader and come out with a new look, ready for battle
How do you get a Super Troop?
You will need to be Town Hall 11 or higher which will provide you with access to the new structure where you can decide which troop to power up. Access to Super Troops can be bought with resources.
Only one troop can be powered up at a time, with each buff lasting for 7 days with a 7 day cooldown, preventing you from immediately powering up the same troop again.
It will be possible to try out a Super Troop before powering it up in a trial attack before committing to the power up. While a troop is powered up, you won't be able to train its regular counterpart during those 7 days.
Can Super Troops be donated?
Yes, they can be donated in the same was as existing reinforcements, although the donator will need to have that Super Troop actively boosted.
How many Super Troops are there?
There will be 4 as part of the Spring Update with more to come in the future. Details on the first 4 Super Troops to be announced over the coming days.
Super Troop 1: Super Barbarian
The Super Barbarian is a boosted Barbarian, with approximately 5x the HP and DPS of a regular Barbarian, taking up 5 housing space. Similar to the Raged Barbarian from the Builder Base, for the first few seconds after being deployed, speed and damage is boosted with a rage effect.
Super Troop 2: Sneaky Goblin
The Sneaky Goblin is a boosted Goblin, with approximately 3x the HP and DPS of a regular Goblin, taking up 3 housing space. The Sneaky Goblin is similar to the Sneaky Archer from the Builder Base, in that for the first few seconds after being deployed, he is invisible to defenses.
Super Troop 3: Super Giant
The Super Giant is a boosted Giant, with approximately 3x the HP, 2x the DPS and a 4x damage bonus to walls for double the housing space of a regular Giant (10 instead of 5).
The Super Giant will be available at TH12 once Level 9 Giants have been researched.
Super Troop 4: Super Wall Breaker
The Super Wall Breaker is a boosted Wall Breaker with approximately 4x the HP. Unlike a regular Wall Breaker, the Super Wall Breaker will also detonate upon destruction doing over double the damage.
He is available at TH11 once Level 7 Wall Breakers have been reserched and required 8 housing space.
Quality of Life Changes
A number of Quality of Life changes are coming in the next update:
- Tired of receiving the wrong reinforcements? A new option in the troop request menu will allow you to request only the specific Troops you would like in your Clan Castle!
- Introducing Clan Castle Troops for Friendly Challenges! These function just like the Clan Castle Troops in Legend League in that once you set them, they remain filled and unchanged until you manually change them again.
- Clan Castle Troops will now deploy in a specific order: lowest housing space first, finally by lowest level first.
- When claiming rewards from Clan Games, if you do not have enough storage space for the claimed item you will be given the option to select Gems instead. The number of Gems received is based on the normal price the specific item sells for.
- Research Potions now boost the Laboratory speed by 24x instead of 10x. The cost of Research Potions is now 120 Gems, up from 70 Gems in the Trader’s Daily Deals.
- Home Village layouts that would normally be prevented due to obstacles being in the way will be allowed for Friendly Wars.
- The Hero Skin user-interface, and Hero preview in Player Profile, have been redesigned to be more user friendly and look much cooler!
- When you purchase or obtain a Hero Skin it will automatically open that Hero’s Skin UI to allow you to immediately swap skins.
- The Clan War Leagues screen in the Champions leagues will be inaccessible to any Members (role below Elder), who not included in the Clan’s League roster. This is to prevent or minimize opposing Clans infiltrating or spying on their rivals by joining the opponents' Clans.
- The Grand Warden AI has been adjusted to make him less likely to follow Yetimites
- The Eagle Artillery will give less priority to targeting Yetimites
- Grand Warden made less likely to follow and help other Heroes
|Town Hall Level
|Town Hall Level
||Attack Rate Decrease
||185 Dark Elixir
Additionally, Freeze Spell level 2 will be available for TH9.
|Town Hall Level
||Dark Elixir Drill
The third Dark Elixir Drill will now be available at TH9 (previously TH10)
|Town Hall Level
It will be possible to upgrade an additional 50 wall segments to level 14 (bringing to total to 150).
Home Village Cost Reductions
To help players at the mid Town Hall levels (TH8 to 11), upgrade costs will be reduced for laboratory upgrades, traps, heroes and walls. Specific reductions outlined below:
Builder Base Improvements
New Versus Battle Tiebreaker!
- Builder Base will now have an additional tiebreaker. If both Stars and % Destruction are equal and the % Destruction is above 0%, the player with more time left will be crowned as the winner.
Troop Training Times Removed!
- We have removed training times from Troops in the Builder Base. All training will now happen immediately. Yes you read that right...IMMEDIATELY.
- Battle Machine healing time has been removed as well!
But there's more...
- Even if your Builder Base Barracks are under upgrade, now you will still be able to train troops!
With training times for Troops and healing time for Battle Machine removed, the Clock Tower will now focus more on boosting building and resource generation:
- Clock Tower multiplier has been increased from 8x to 10x.
- Clock Tower boost duration has been increased from 3-11 minutes to 14-30 minutes (Clock Tower Potion's duration remains at 30 minutes).
- Clock Tower boost cooldown time has been increased from 7 hours to 22 hours.
- The Gem cost to refresh the Clock Tower cooldown has been reduced.
History of Updates
To view the full history of previous updates in reverse chronological order, check out the link below: