Posted: Saturday 04 April 2020
The Spring 2020 update for Clash of Clans is live and introduces Super Troops and a number of Quality of Life changes.
This post will summarise what has been added/changed, however the full patch notes can be viewed here:
Super Troops are temporarily boosted versions of existing Home Village troops with a unique ability that differs from their regular counterpart. They are available at Town Hall 11 and above, at which point a new structure appears next to the Trader’s tent. This is the Super Sauna and tapping on it will allow you to select which troop to boost. Each boost lasts for 7 days, at which point there is a 7 day cooldown before that troop can be boosted again. During the cooldown, it’s possible to boost a different troop. Boosted troops can be donated in the same way as regular troops. At launch, there are 4 Super Troops available, however Supercell have said there will be more Super Troops added in the future.
The Super Barbarian is a boosted Barbarian, with approximately 5x the HP and DPS of a regular Barbarian, taking up 5 housing space. Similar to the Raged Barbarian from the Builder Base, for the first few seconds after being deployed, speed and damage is boosted with a rage effect.
The Sneaky Goblin is a boosted Goblin, with approximately 3x the HP and DPS of a regular Goblin, taking up 3 housing space. The Sneaky Goblin is similar to the Sneaky Archer from the Builder Base, in that for the first few seconds after being deployed, he is invisible to defenses.
The Super Giant is a boosted Giant, with approximately 3x the HP, 2x the DPS and a 4x damage bonus to walls for double the housing space of a regular Giant (10 instead of 5).
The Super Giant will be available at TH12 once Level 9 Giants have been researched.
Super Wall Breaker
The Super Wall Breaker is a boosted Wall Breaker with approximately 4x the HP. Unlike a regular Wall Breaker, the Super Wall Breaker will also detonate upon destruction doing over double the damage.
He is available at TH11 once Level 7 Wall Breakers have been researched and required 8 housing space.
|Town Hall Level
|Town Hall Level
||Attack Rate Decrease
||185 Dark Elixir
Additionally, Freeze Spell level 2 is available for TH9.
|Town Hall Level
||Dark Elixir Drill
The third Dark Elixir Drill is now available at TH9 (previously TH10)
|Town Hall Level
It is possible to upgrade an additional 50 wall segments to level 14 (bringing to total to 150).
Builder Base Improvements
New Versus Battle Tiebreaker!
Builder Base will now have an additional tiebreaker. If both Stars and % Destruction are equal and the % Destruction is above 0%, the player with more time left will be crowned as the winner.
Troop Training Times Removed!
Training times from Troops and the Battle Machine healing time in the Builder Base have been removed. Once both players have finished attacking, it will be possible to attack again immediately.
Previously when upgrading the Builder Barracks, it wasn’t possible to train troops. This has been changed so that troops can continue to be trained during upgrading.
Clock Tower Changes
With training times for Troops and healing time for Battle Machine removed, the Clock Tower will now focus more on boosting building and resource generation:
- Clock Tower multiplier has been increased from 8x to 10x.
- Clock Tower boost duration has been increased from 3-11 minutes to 14-30 minutes (Clock Tower Potion's duration remains at 30 minutes).
- Clock Tower boost cooldown time has been increased from 7 hours to 22 hours.
- The Gem cost to refresh the Clock Tower cooldown has been reduced.
Home Village Cost Reductions
To help players at the mid Town Hall levels (TH8 to 11), upgrade costs will be reduced for laboratory upgrades, traps, heroes and walls. Specific reductions outlined below:
Quality of Life Changes
A number of Quality of Life changes were introduced in this update:
- Tired of receiving the wrong reinforcements? A new option in the troop request menu will allow you to request only the specific Troops you would like in your Clan Castle!
- Introducing Clan Castle Troops for Friendly Challenges! These function just like the Clan Castle Troops in Legend League in that once you set them, they remain filled and unchanged until you manually change them again.
- Clan Castle Troops will now deploy in a specific order: lowest housing space first, finally by lowest level first.
- When claiming rewards from Clan Games, if you do not have enough storage space for the claimed item you will be given the option to select Gems instead. The number of Gems received is based on the normal price the specific item sells for.
- Research Potions now boost the Laboratory speed by 24x instead of 10x. The cost of Research Potions is now 120 Gems, up from 70 Gems in the Trader’s Daily Deals.
- Home Village layouts that would normally be prevented due to obstacles being in the way will be allowed for Friendly Wars.
- The Hero Skin user-interface, and Hero preview in Player Profile, have been redesigned to be more user friendly and look much cooler!
- When you purchase or obtain a Hero Skin it will automatically open that Hero’s Skin UI to allow you to immediately swap skins.
- The Clan War Leagues screen in the Champions leagues will be inaccessible to any Members (role below Elder), who not included in the Clan’s League roster. This is to prevent or minimize opposing Clans infiltrating or spying on their rivals by joining the opponents' Clans.
- The Grand Warden AI has been adjusted to make him less likely to follow Yetimites
- The Eagle Artillery will give less priority to targeting Yetimites
- Grand Warden made less likely to follow and help other Heroes
Clash Ninja Upgrade Tracker
If you are looking for a tool to show you remaining upgrade for your village and help you plan your upgrade order, check out the Clash Ninja Upgrade Tracker.