Posted: Sunday 23 June 2019
The June 2019 update for Clash of Clans is now live and brings a number of updates:
- Builder Hall 9
- Operation Blue Skies - Rework of the Legends League to fix “the clouds” within the higher leagues.
- Practice mode - A tutorial mode that guides players through troop and spell deployments with some example armies and attacks at their current Town Hall level and the next one.
- New hero, troop, spell and structures levels.
- Ability to share village layouts via a link in Clan Chat or external applications/websites
This post will summarise what has been added/changed. Full patch notes can be viewed here:
Builder Hall 9
Builder Hall 9 follows the same structure as the previous Builder Hall updates bringing a new flagship defence, a new troop and a 9th level for most structures. There isn’t a new gear up structure for the Home Village, however there is the O.T.T.O Builder who is a robotic companion created by the Master Builder who can take over building duties within the Builder Base and allow the Master Builder to travel to the Home Village and perform upgrades as the 6th builder.
The following structures are unlocked:
- 1x NEW: Lava Launcher
- 1x NEW: O.T.T.O Hut
- 20x Walls (4 wall strips)
- 1x Firecrackers
- 1x Spring Trap
- 1x Mega Mine
The existing troops receive an additional two levels, allowing them to be upgraded to levels 17 and 18. The Battle Machine can now be upgraded to level 30.
New Defense: Lava Launcher
The Lava Launcher is similar to the Mortar, however it launches molten rock at the attacking troops that leaves a smoldering crater at the area of impact. The scorched ground at the point of impact will continue to damage the troops within the area.
New Troop: Hog Glider
The Hog Glider is an air troop that targets defensive structures, similar to the Hog Rider in the Home Village. The first attack will stun the defense before dropping down from the glider and continues as a regular Hog Rider. If the glider is shot down before reaching its target, the Hog Rider will drop down and carry on to attack defences.
New Structure: O.T.T.O Hut
O.T.T.O is the Master Builder’s latest creation and the O.T.T.O Hut is the charging station for it. The O.T.T.O Hut has 5 levels and is initially built using gold, however in order to upgrade to the higher levels, a task needs to be completed for each:
- Level 2: Gear up 3 structures in the Home Village
- Level 3: Upgrade the Cannon Cart to level 18
- Level 4: Upgrade the Mega Tesla to level 9
- Level 5: Upgrade the Battle Machine to level 30
Once the requirements have been met for the next upgrade level, the upgrade button is enabled and it can be immediately upgraded for free.
Once upgraded to level 5, O.T.T.O becomes available and is able to take on the building duties within the Builder Base. This allows the Master Builder to either be the second builder within the Builder Base or travel to the Home Village and become the 6th builder. The Master Builder can travel back and forth between the villages when not busy with an upgrade.
Operation: Blue Skies
The long awaited Legends League rework to “fix the clouds” is out with the June update. “The clouds” have been a major complaint from players in the higher leagues for a long period of time, so this should be a welcome change to help reduce the delays when searching for villages to attack.
For more detailed information on this issue, check out our guide on the cause of the clouds here:
Once players reach 5000 trophies, the multiplayer attack menu will now display a new button that says “Sign-up to Legend League”. This is an opt in process, however if you don’t opt in, you’ll be unable to attack other players until you lose enough trophies to drop back down to Titan I league.
Players within the Legends League will all receive a fixed number of attacks and defences each day and will gain or lose trophies depending on how many stars and damage done in each attack and defence rather than the traditional matchmaking with other players villages that are offline without a shield.
More details on how the new system works can be seen in the Operation Blue Skies guide:
A new practice mode has been to guide players through various different attacks. There are 17 different scenarios from Town Hall 4 up to Town Hall 12 and players can access the scenarios for the Town Hall levels below their own and one level above (eg. a TH 10 player would be able to access the attacks up to TH11).
When starting each scenario, you are given a free pre-trained army and are presented with an example village. Instructions appear on screen telling you which troops to deploy and suggests where to deploy them. At various points of the attack, it will pause and provide further instructions for the next phase of the attack.
There is no time limit for the attack, the main purpose is to introduce new troops and strategies at each Town Hall level so that players have an understanding of how to use them. For higher level players who are experienced with these strategies, you will probably not learn much but it is worth completing them for the resource rewards from each.
New Hero, Troop, Spell and Structure Levels
This update brings a number of new levels for TH11 and TH12:
All three heroes have new levels at TH12:
- Barbarian King level 65
- Archer Queen level 65
- Grand Warden level 40
Golem level 9 is now available at TH12.
New Spell levels:
- Rage level 6 (TH12)
- Poison level 6 (TH12)
- Earthquake level 5 (TH11)
- Haste level 5 (TH11)
- Skeleton level 6 (TH12)
Mortar level 12 is now available at TH12.
Level 13 Walls
The limit for level 13 walls has been removed so that the final 50 pieces can now be upgraded.
Full details on these additions can be seen on the forum post announcing them:
- Hero abilities for level 60 Barbarian King and Archer Queen (ability level 12) now have increased Damage Increase and Health Recovery. Previously these were the same as ability level 11.
- Earthquake Spell now has increased radius per level
- Skeleton Spell rework to give the spawned skeletons shields that protect them, requiring two hits to destroy each skeleton, similar to the Guards in Clash Royale. A reduced number of skeletons are spawned per level as a result.
- Battle Blimp HP increased.
- Level 6-8 walls in the Builder Base require less Wall Rings to upgrade
- The Builder Boost cost and time reductions from the Season Pass now affect Giga Tesla upgrades, structure gear-ups and the Builder Base Army Camps.
- Changes to ranged ground unit AI that was temporarily implemented in the April update but was quickly reverted has been re-enabled. Affects Archer Queen, Grand Warden, Archers, Cannon Carts, etc.
- AI fix for ground mode Grand Warden: he will no longer jump into empty compartments for no reason
- Bats from Bat Spell that have been cloned by Clone Spell will deal reduced damage to storages and Town Hall just as their original counterparts do.
- Deploying Siege Machines to start a battle will now cause defending Grand Warden to retreat into statue form, just as he does when any other unit is deployed.
Links for Sharing Village Layouts
The June 2018 update introduced the ability to copy home village layouts from your clan mates that were 1 Town Hall level above or below your own. The June 2019 update expands this further to allow you to share any of your village layouts as a link. This link can be shared to your clan chat or copied to the clipboard of your device for sharing through third party applications or websites.
This should allow websites and apps that have directories of village designs to expand their functionality to allow you to copy layouts to your own village without needing to recreate the layouts manually. It will also allow layouts to be “backed up” so that you can switch between more layouts than you have storage slots.
Clash Ninja Upgrade Tracker
These updates have been added to the Upgrade Tracker so you can update your plans accordingly: